FOR SALE

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Home again, home again, jiggedy jig!

This morning we left the coast and came home....we'd been gone just over two weeks, which is the longest we've been away in ages. The house had that sort of 'neglected' dusty feel to it when we came in, which is surprising because my son, Brendan, has been here most of the time! But the Andalucian dust just gets in everywhere! We're surrounded by olive groves which are dusty and several neighbours have building work going on, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that we have dust! Thankfully though, the kitchen was nice and clean as I'd warned Brendan that it had better be just as I'd left it! I did NOT want to come home to a sink full of dirty dishes and grease splattered work surfaces.....and bless him, it was absolutely fine....but there was a very unappealing smell when I opened the dishwasher which makes me think it hadn't been used much whilst we were away!

And I also wondered why there were a pair of dirty boxer shorts and one rolled up sock in the hallway!!!!

It was also a great dolly day as my little Secretdoll Person 8 arrived this evening from the Netherlands. She is a trade that I did with my friend Natasja, and I'm really really delighted with her. She and Percy will become firm friends, I'm sure!!! Photos tomorrow hopefully!

So now I have told myself "no more dolls" unless of course I sell or trade someone. But to be honest, I really do feel happy with my dolly collection as it stands at the moment, I don't have any desire to go looking for someone else! In fact, I'm proud to say that I haven't looked in the DoA marketplace for ages (OK 2 weeks!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after moderation.