FOR SALE

Sunday 22 February 2015

Having fun...and making a right old mess!

Today I've been having so much fun trying clothing on my new girl....but what a mess I've made of my sewing table!!!  Here's how it looked at lunchtime today....never mind the floor space around my chair which was full of boxes of clothes, shoes and wigs!!!! 


But I did have a good time trying outfits on Reira!  It would appear that she can wear some of my old Sindy dresses that I saved from my childhood....she says that she loves anything 'vintage'....I'm thinking of calling her Sarah, after our very own Sarah of Vintage Sasha, who we all know loves vintage outfits :)

I thought I'd share a few photos below of her in some of the outfits she tried....I have to say that she has a style all her own!

Firstly here she is wearing a cute dress which belonged to my childhood Sindy, so this would be from the late 60s, early 70s.  It's not as white as it used to be, despite several washes in a mild bleach solution....but it doesn't have any holes or tears, thankfully :)  She is wearing it with black knee high socks that I made, plus some Doc Marten boots...


Next she tried on this pretty white dress with short puffed sleeves which is made by Kish for Bitty Bethany, it's not particularly 'vintage' being from about 2004, but she likes it and teamed it with white bloomers and striped socks that I made, a very cute sheep hat by LalaTroop and cotton flower print hi-top sneakers:




Next she tried this green corderoy smocked dress, again a Sindy outfit from the late 60s, early 70s, worn with MSD sized thigh highs....which are waaay too long for her shorter legs but what they eye don't see and all that...white boots and a little knitted beret which I've had for ages.  Unfortunately because of it's 'advanced years' the elastic has perished on the puffed sleeves and smocking on the dress:


Later, because Reira wanted to go for a walk around the garden and it was a bit chilly, she added a lovely plaid duffle coat by Robert Tonner for Marley Wentworth:





 I hope you've enjoyed Reira's little fashion show....and hope you all have a lovely week :)


12 comments:

  1. Your sewing table looks like my computer desk! I have been changing a couple of Sasha's to take part in the Oscar awards on face book! I do love this new girl Reira, great that she can fit into so much stuff you already have and vintage too!
    Love her in the green dress and floral tights and red hat and coat, that set of photo's look just so great, really suits her.
    Hugs Dee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it awful! Luckily though it's back to normal again now except for the big pile of fabric towards the back of the table on the left hand side, I just haven't found a home for that lot yet!
      Thank you on Reira, it really is great how much can fit her, especially as my initial thought was "oh my goodness what on earth can she wear!" it has turned out well in that respect because my old things can get an airing too :)
      xxx

      Delete
  2. I can safely say that WE all know the mess that changing our doll's clothing makes..... but oh, such fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes indeed! I had things everywhere, and it most definitely is a familiar feeling for us dolly lovers I'm sure!!!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. You are so excited, love it :)

    Nice outfits and girl ... my fav is the last pic. Because of the shadows -a beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Digne and yes, I'm excited and having lots of fun. But today I had to leave all my dolls to their own devices again and do my commissions sewing as I don't want to get behind. And this will be the pattern for the week days, and then weekends I will have more fun with my own dolls :)
      xxx

      Delete
  4. All of these outfits are so cute! I can't get over how cute this doll is. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much once again Farrah Lily, I'm glad you're visiting and enjoying my girls :)
      xxx

      Delete
  5. she looks fab...I would have worn outfits like that many moons ago....I cant believe how tiny she is , from the photos I imagined her to be quite big but to fit into sindy clothes she must be really dainty ....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, I thought you might have done, which is why she is probably going to be called Sarah! It was the big boots that did it really....you were wearing them when we met, and I remember you saying that your dress was from the 70s, so the same era or thereabouts as my Sindy dresses....it was meant to be :)
      Yes, she really is tiny across the top half, but has a bigger bottom....very pear shaped! And she's 33cm tall.
      xxx

      Delete
  6. What a jewel your Reira is! I think she is wonderful and that last Cindy green dress with that red duffle coat and floral tights is just fabulous!!! I think her hats are perfect too! Great post! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger, I'm so pleased with the little imp! I think she really does suit those bright jewel colours, doesn't she! :)
      xxx

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.