FOR SALE

Friday 4 November 2016

Winter warmers..

I've not been up to much recently but did get a few of my dolls into winter clothes, although to be honest, the weather is still quite warm and I felt guilty that they were dressed up in woolly hats whilst it was 26C and I was walking around in short sleeves.  Yes, I admit it, I'm completely nuts thinking that they mind what they're actually wearing ;)

Unfortunately all photos were taken inside....I know, I know, I'm a wimp but there were too many people about for me to be seen with a bunch of dolls!!!

So my four Gotz girls were changed into warmer clothing first.  Here is Asian Hannah at the Ballet, wearing an outfit I made a couple of years ago.  She is also wearing a woolly hat that I found in a toy shop here, plus boots from Primark which are made for babies of 0-3  months!  What a find, bearing in mind the price of doll footwear, these ones, made for human babies were only 5 euros a pair!!



A close up of her sweet little face:



Next Happy Kidz Charlotte from 2016, who is also wearing an outfit that I made some time ago.  She is also wearing the same type of baby boots from Primark.  Her dress is made from a child's hoodie which I bought and unpicked to use the fabric.  I love this fabric, as well as being pretty, it's a lovely weight of knit fabric to work with.


Although the Emily sculpt is my favourite of the Happy Kidz sculpts, I really do like Charlotte too, she has grown on me a lot since she's been here:




My rewigged Emily from 2015 is wearing a knitted dress from My Doll Best Friend, I love this dress and wish they did it in other colours, but the deep pink and turquoise works so well on her.  Her boots are doll ones and she is wearing Gotz leg warmers over her tights.


 My sweet little wigged Emily in close up:


Next we have Sophie, a beautiful brown eyed redhead from 2012.  She is wearing a skirt and sweatshirt that I made earlier this year.  Her brightly coloured owl hat was a gift from a dear dolly friend in the US a couple of years ago, I thought it went perfectly with her outfit!!


 And a close up of her owl hat, and very pretty face :)


Finally of the Gotz girls we have my new 'replacement' blond Emily from 2016.  She came here in August but what with the wedding and everything else, I never got the chance to photograph her until now!  I'm really pleased to have a blond Happy Kidz again, I really should learn my lesson from this and keep the scissors away from them!! ;)

She's wearing another outfit that I made previously, I loved this on the original (now wigged brunette) Emily so new Emily gets to wear it:



And a close up to see her sweet face, she is almost exactly the same except she has a side parting whereas original Emily's was middle parting if I remember rightly!


OK, so five down......quite a few more to go though!  I hope you've enjoyed this brief post of a few of my girls.  I hope everyone has a lovely weekend and a great week ahead.  I will be off to the UK on Wednesday to help celebrate my mum's 80th birthday.....I'm away for a week and hope to take a doll with me, but at this moment in time, I can't decide who to take!!!!  All suggestions welcome.

Big hugs Sharon xx


16 comments:

  1. Lovely to see your gotz big dolls in their winter woollies! Although they'll never need to wear a coat! I remember some of the dresses you made from before but love them all, so it's nice to see them again. Those little baby boots are just perfect I may have to find myself a primart !
    Your new girls very sweet and I do quite like your girl Charlotte. Enjoy the warm weather, we need our boots and coats her in the UK ! :) and you will next week when you visit your mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Dee! It got a bit cold this afternoon so I think the girls are wise to wear their winter clothes, they may even get to wear a coat this week as we are expecting rain!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Hello, I just want to say how much I enjoy your blogs and photos. The more " real life" photos of Charlotte I see, the more I like her. I've only been collecting for about a year and before that I used to look on the doll websites and see Summer and Winter clothes and think it was a bit strange to dress your dolls according to the weather, but here I am and I've just bought my four dolls a winter outfit each! I wouldn't want them to get cold! Once again, many thanks for your blogs I really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment Stella and for visiting my blog! I know what you mean about changing the dolls for the seasons, I used to feel the same! Now I tend to look at my dolls and if I'm cold but they are naked or wearing warm weather clothes, I feel bad for them! LOL yes I'm completely nuts!
      I'm glad you enjoy my blog, and hope you'll visit again :)
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi Sharon,
    Oh those Gotz dolls are lovely, how big are they? I would love to see one IRL, but I don't know anyone here that owns one. Must go check them out.

    Hope you have a lovely break and I wish your Mum all the very best for her 80th, it's a pretty good innings she has there!! Hope you take photos. :)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Xanadu
      Thank you so much, I'm glad you like them. They are about 19 inches tall, so quite big but not too heavy as they're made of vinyl.
      Thanks for your good wishes for my mum :) I had a lovely time!
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Lovely girls Sharon.
    Those baby boots are perfect - if only they made premie ones they would fit the Sashas!
    Enjoy your trip and I wish your Mum a very Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rosie!
      Wishes passed :) thanks again!
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Your Gotz girls are really beautiful. I love their winter outfits, tights and boots. They look fantastic! I particularly like the owl hat and the dog pattern dress. A wonderful post. Have a great time in the UK visiting with your Mum. Wonderful to celebrate her 80th birthday! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Ginger, I'm glad you like them!
      I passed on your wishes to my mum, thank you!
      xxx

      Delete
  6. Hi Sharon, they all look so lovely in their new outfits. I especially love your first girl, Hannah. What a sweet face she has! You really have a knack for putting fabrics together and all of the photos are gorgeous. Happy 80th to your mom..that is just amazing. :) Enjoy your trip!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Farrah, I'm glad you enjoyed seeing the girls.
      Thanks too for your good wishes for my mum :)
      xxx

      Delete
  7. Perfectly and warmly dressed for the forecasted long, hard and cold Winter ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kendal! Yes, they are nice and toasty warm because the weather has turned a bit cooler here this afternoon too :)
      xxx

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.